Today’s society is filled with LED screens, whether you’re indoors or exploring the sights outdoors. With the demand for a mindblowing visual experience everywhere, manufacturers all over the world keep on developing and introducing new models and LED displays every year. With amounting of options to choose from, how will you choose the best LED screen ideal for your needs?
There are two steps you can take to get the best LED display that will suit your situation and requirements. First, explore the different factors you prioritize in a LED display. And second, create a list of the best LED screens that fit your requirements and from the best LED video wall brands in the market.
Factors To Consider When Choosing the Best LED Screen
With hundreds and hundreds of LED displays to choose from, it is a real challenge to pinpoint a specific one that can be considered the best. One simple way to narrow down your options is by prioritizing aspects and features of the display that you think the best LED screen should have.
To help you in this task, here are some of the factors you can explore when choosing the best display for you.
Why are you looking for a LED display and what is it for? An LED screen you can use for your workplace is entirely different from a display that will be perfect for gaming. Here are some purposes that anyone can use when canvassing LED screens.
- Office & teleconferencing
- Entrepreneur & business
- Marketing & advertising
- Gaming needs
- Home Entertainment
All of these can be considered a purpose for buying the best LED screen in the market. After identifying your purpose, you should also decide on the rest of the factors.
All LED displays have their respective configurations and these can affect the visual experience you can enjoy when using the device. Here are some of the specifications worth looking into.
- Design – LED displays can come flat or curved. While flat is the standard design of LED screens with a more affordable price tag, curved provide better viewing angles and visual immersion that make it a good option for gaming.
- Panel Technology – The panels make up an LED display and different technologies can be integrated into the panels. You can choose VA, TN, or IPS depending on your preferences. Many top-notch screens use IPS (in-plane switching) that showcases high-quality images while at the same time increasing the prices.
- Resolution – This aspect will always be a relevant factor when deciding which one is the best LED screen you can use. It influences the clarity and vibrancy of the images and videos displayed on the screen. Many monitors have the standard 1080 full-res while others dedicate higher resolution especially when they are designed for graphic designers and gamers who need better visuals on the screen.
- Response Time – This refers to how fast the monitor responds to the commands to switch images. LED displays designed for gaming usually have at most 5 milliseconds.
- Refresh Rate – Measured in hertz, this refers to how fast the screen processes information. A higher rate leads to a smoother viewing experience and can be considered a good characteristic of the best LED screen. The basic refresh rate falls at 60 Hz but screens displayed for gaming often have a higher rate.
Whether you’re looking for a massive screen that can be considered the best LED video wall or just a high-quality home TV, screen size will always be a factor when buying LED displays. The best LED screen is an appropriately-sized display that falls within your budget and can catch the attention of prospective users.
Standard home LED displays measure 20 to 22 inches while professional ones ideal for workspaces are usually around 23 to 27 inches. If you want something more fitting for visual immersion though, you need to choose a LED display that’s around 28 to 32 inches.
Another factor to consider is the add-on or special features that the LED screen has. There are innovative features that can be the deciding factor for a LED monitor to be named as the best. Some of these hi-tech features include the following:
- 3D visual display
- Adaptive sync tech
- Thin to almost nonexistent bezels
Another essential aspect to look into before getting an LED screen is its price. The real question you need to ask before purchasing the device is – Is it worth it? Whether it’s cheap or expensive, is the value of the price worth the features and quality of the LED display?
With many LED monitors you can consider as the best LED screen, here are 10 options you can explore and check out.
FAQs When Choosing The Best LED Screen
Before you choose a specific display and name it the best LED screen, there might be more questions you have before making a decision. To help you, here are some of the most basic queries many people ask before getting an LED screen.
What pixel pitch is the best for LED screens?
Pixel pitch is an essential element of LED screens since it’s directly related to the clarity, brightness, and color contrast of the images displayed on them. The best LED screen needs to have the right pixel pitch to match the viewing angle
For closer viewing, you need from 1 mm to 3 mm (or even lower) but if your target market is positioned farther like in outdoor events and billboards, 3 mm to 6 mm (or higher) are needed.
Is an outdoor LED screen better than an indoor LED screen?
When it comes to LED panels, they are just the same when installed indoors and outdoors. The difference lies in the IP or Ingress Protection rate since outdoor LED panels need to be protected more and be more durable since they will be installed outside where elements like dust and moisture can damage them.
What is the best size for an LED screen?
The size of the best LED screen follows a 1:10 ratio, where 1 refers to the height of the screen and 10 is the distance of the last row of the audience from the display. This means that if the back row of the audience is 40 meters away from the display, the screen height should be at least 4 meters for people to actually see it.
Deciding on the best LED screen is pretty subjective but there are factors you can consider to make an informed decision, including its specifications, purpose, pricing, and sizes. You just need to explore several LED displays you believe qualify your requirements and priorities. So make a list of your own top 5 and if you don’t have the time, you can start with this list.