Working with LED screens requires a thorough understanding of some of the technical aspects of the task. One of which is learning how to program LED display boards. While it seems like a trick only professionals can do, you can take a shot at mastering the basics of this job. Besides adding technical skills to your belt, it will also help you understand better how these high-end displays operate and deal with issues when you face some problems with them.
LED display board programming is often mistaken for a task that’s strictly for professionals. That’s not true though. You don’t have to be an expert in the subject and just knowing how to do it from a beginner’s point of view is enough. One thing that can help is if you choose among the best software for LED display boards. This will assist you with functions and features that can help make it a lot easier to make the most of.
What To Know Beforehand
The first step in working on how to program LED display boards is to identify the composition of these boards. This electronic display screen is comprised of the following parts you have to be familiar with:
- LED modules – These refer to the panels used as monitors where the content will be shown. They are often interconnected to each other if you choose to increase their size and create a massive LED wall. They come in three types, including single-colored, two-colored, and full-colored ones.
- Power supply – This refers to the part in the screen ensemble that’s used to power the device to operate. It makes sure that everything gets the accurate power required. The voltage often depends on the number of modules used. And if you’re checking out this part, make sure that the positive and negative signs are positioned in the way they should be. Improper connection may lead to damaging the controller so it’s important to guarantee this.
- Controller – This part serves as the brain of the display board, considering it helps operate the entire display. This motherboard of the LED wall is comprised of memory, a display driver, and a backup battery.
These three elements are vital to look into when trying to digest how to program LED display boards. Check out these parts first if you have all the complete components before diving into this technical task.
Steps How To Program LED Display Board
When learning how to program LED display boards, it is convenient to take the process step by step to make it a lot easier. Once you’ve chosen the software to use for the programming, follow these simple steps religiously.
1. Prepping the best software for LED display board
Download your chosen software onto your computer or laptop. You will get either a CD or an online link to click on for the download and installation. Once installed, set up the software, and turn off the default settings in the software. Then, look into the general settings, specifically the following entries:
- Dimension – Look into the number of LED modules used in the ensemble and input the exact height and width values on the software. This will ensure that all of the specifications will match the exact of your screen.
- Module Selection – This is the part where you have to check out the distance between the panels to get the ideal resolution for the display.
- Luminance – Adjust this specification and input a value between 2000 to 4500 nits, which often pertains to the brightness of the display.
- Refresh Rate – This refers to the number of times you want an image to be shown on the screen in a matter of a second. The higher the rate, the faster and more seamless the transition from one image to another is. So make sure you assign a good value to this element.
Once you’ve set all of these elements, click the finish button on the screen. Remember that how to program LED display boards may only be easier once you’ve made the proper preparations for it. So, don’t skip this step.
2. Connect the computers to your LED display controller
Next, you need to focus on how to program LED display boards to connect the LED controller to your working laptop or computer. This device will give you access to other display functions that will help you create better visual content for your screen. This is why it is important to connect this device first before doing anything.
3. The actual task
Once everything is set and the important parts are connected, you can now program the LED board. In the software’s main menu, look for the “programming tab”. The placement may differ depending on which one you’re using so pay attention to its arrangement.
Click the text box and input the words you want to show on the screen. Type it exactly in the way you want to see it. Push the send button once you’re satisfied with what you’ve inputted.
Note: Don’t forget to save the content to the controller so that you can continue to be shown even when hardware and other forms of storage are not available.
Best Software for LED Display Board to Check Out
Finally, before you go all-out learning how to program LED display boards, you need to choose the best software that can cater to your needs. In terms of popularity and reputation, these are the top 5 of the best software for LED display boards you can check out.
Look into each of them and assess the one that will not only benefit in terms of functions but also when it comes to budget and convenience. You have the option of purchasing it online or in physical stores, whichever is convenient for you.
If you want to learn how to program LED display boards, it is a good additional knowledge to have. With the increasing popularity of LED screens, there is a high chance you might use them in the future. Once you’ve learned the basics you have more skills you can be proud of. You also won’t need to rely on experts and spend more labor just to change the content of your digital signage.
When choosing the software to trust for your programming needs, consider the convenience, user-friendliness, and budget. Look into the best software for LED display boards first.