The advancement of visual technology has gone so far that you’ll feel like you’re living in the future. From simple flat screens to massive LED displays, the evolution paved the way for creative LED displays. One of which is the popular LED sphere displays that many are trying to build today.
If you want to see how they look, the best thing you can do is to visit the stunning LED sphere Vegas has. Also known as The Sphere, the round screen covers 366 feet in height with the help of 580,000 square feet made of LED panels. It is said that this masterpiece costs more than 2 billion USD just to complete it.
If you’re thinking about investing in the same thing, you don’t have to cough out billions for it. There are more cost-friendly LED sphere displays you can check out for your smashing event.
What Is an LED Sphere Display?
An LED sphere display is an LED screen ensemble that has formed a unique round shape that can catch anyone’s attention. This is the perfect option if you’re looking for a marketing stunt that can catch anyone off-guard. This type of LED display is known by other names, including LED video ball and globe LED display. Since it’s spherical, it can be viewed from all 360 degrees.
One of the most unique elements of LED sphere displays is their visual range. More than just its smashing look, the display is also flexible and can come in different sizes and content. This creative masterpiece can play videos and content from all directions and can strategically play specific content you want to show the panels facing a specific direction. The trick is in the electricity design and structure.
Features of an LED Sphere Display
LED sphere displays are an incredible addition to the LED display portfolio. It’s because of the amazing features that they can provide the functions they offer. Here are some of the best features of this type of LED display.
Smooth & Uniform Splicing
This LED display boasts a seamless and smooth appearance that looks elegant and innovative. The flatness of the entire ensemble is a product of the meticulous installation. The uniform splicing is possible due to the screen’s high refresh rate.
The creative shape of LED sphere displays offers a shock factor you would want to use for any marketing stunt. The unique screen makes people stop and stare, which is beneficial to etch into the minds of customers worldwide. With the 360-look, there are no blind spots and no corner flaws to worry about, as long as the structure is perfectly shaped.
This is also why LED sphere DIY efforts are a bit challenging since the shape of the ensemble needs to be perfect for a seamless look.
User-friendly Platform & Software
With easy-to-use software, you can conveniently use the platform without any added courses and training to go through. These are the functions you can expect from this software:
- Modes: Synchronous or asynchronous options
- 24-7 operation
- Live broadcasting application
- Autoplay feature
- Plug-and-play functionality
- Controller & Video Processor: WiFi, USB, & HDMI
Wide Variety of Applications
While LED sphere displays seem too extravagant, there are several applications you can use them for. They can be also used as visual effects for stages and even filmmaking.
These LED displays, like most LED screens, can be customized with features and functions you want to have. These are specific elements you can customize depending on your visual needs, including the following:
- Sizes & spherical diameter
- Pixel pitch & resolution
- Heat dissipation
- Power supply
This flexibility allows the screens to be tailored based on the needs and preferences of the customers. Whether you need an indoor or outdoor ensemble, all other factors will be taken into account.
High Protection Level
This type of LED display also offers a high level of protection, particularly for those that are designed for outdoor operation. They can have an IP68 protection level, resistant to weather elements.
High Image Quality
LED sphere displays, even with their more complex shape, guarantee excellent image quality, including fine pixel pitch offers. With a 360-degree visual range and guaranteed non-distorted images, the viewing experience is optimized.
Types of LED Sphere Displays to Explore
Much more than its spherical phone, this LED sphere display also comes in a variety of types. From there, choose the one that will be ideal for your project and budget. Some of the most common types include the following:
Indoor Ball Screen
These indoor LED sphere screens are designed to be installed inside, where they are protected from weather elements like UV light and moisture from rain. They can come in P2, P3, and up to P5.
Outdoor Ball Screen
The outdoor ball display is structured to be more durable. Extra protective measures (dustproof and waterproof capabilities) are added to the screens so that they can operate effectively even when exposed to elements that may damage them.
Transparent Ball Screen
The transparent LED sphere display has an elegant visual because of its highly transparent screens. Much more than its impressive shape and layout, the see-through look of this ball screen offers more creative visuals for the display. It js
Triangle Ball Screen
A triangle ball display refers to screens with triangular modules. Also known as the football screen, the triangle boards can strategically build the perfect shape of the LED display. For further understanding, here are its pros and cons:
- Takes care of the north-south pole defects
- High utilization rate
- Many printed circuit boards are needed
- A bigger pixel pitch required
- More complex programming software
Watermelon Ball Screen
The watermelon LED sphere display is another type you can check out. In this type, the printed circuit boards come with a direct-view function and are considered the very first design of an LED ball screen. Here are its pros and cons.
- Don’t require many printed circuit boards
- Elegant visual appeal
- Screens in the north and south poles have distorted images
Six-sided Ball Screen
This type of LED ball screen consists of quadrangle printed circuit boards. Here are its pros and cons you can look at:
- A smaller number of printed circuit boards required compared to the triangle ball screen
- Closest to the conventional LED display in terms of pixel configuration
- Often regarded as the best type of LED sphere display
- Complex structure to guarantee efficient viewing angle
Trapezoid Ball Screen
The trapezoid ball screen is another type you can consider. It is structured to have unlimited and crystal-clear visuals. Compared to others, the LED modules‘ shape is designed in a trapezoid style for seamless connectivity.
LED Sphere Display Basic Installations
These LED sphere displays can be installed in several ways, depending on the location and the design you imagined. Compatibility is also a major consideration, especially with all the installation tools and support available. Here are some of the types of installations you can consider:
- Free Standing – This refers to the floor-standing installation where a base structure is used to support the entire LED ensemble. It is also sometimes called base-mounting installation.
- Hanging Installation – This pertains to when the ball display is hung at the center of the venue, often chained to the ceiling using a study chain. It is also known as the ceiling suspension installation.
LED Sphere Display Applications
There are numerous applications you can consider for LED sphere displays. They have eye-catching designs and so would work incredibly in marketing stunts. Some of the applications where this LED screen is ideal are the following:
- Exhibition Halls – If it is to display products and offers proudly, exhibitions work incredibly well. An LED ball display can add to the elegance and value of the entire display portfolio, making the company even more popular.
- Museums – Adding a stunning LED ball screen in museums seems appropriate, especially since museums are visually engaging in the first place. It can work well in art museums and science and technology museums.
- Outdoor Stages/Massive Indoor Stages – Concerts and other entertainment performances can use LED sphere displays to add the wow factor that can elevate the look of the stages.
- Outdoor Advertising Locations – Advertising requires people’s attention as much as possible and LED ball screens can do that. Some of the locations you will find in this application are shopping malls, massive open spaces, public spaces, ports, and shopping malls.
Getting an LED sphere display is a make-or-break decision you will consider. It’s not affordable but when used in the right application and situation, it can be a cost-effective marketing tool and get the attention of the people you want to call on. While it is not an ordinary advertising venue, it makes an incredible wow commercial that can make a company viral.
If you’re looking for a large ensemble that can help your products and company become more popular, an eye-catching setup like an LED sphere display is the way to go. Just make sure you have enough space to set the project up and enough budget to spend.