Today’s visually forward society is filled with digital signage and bright LED monitors. One of the most popular visual innovations is the curved 3D LED video wall in China, showcasing a realistic scene that seems to be tangible. Considering how eye-catchy these LED walls are, they make an effective marketing tool.
Whether you’re searching for a home theater video wall or a massive LED wall to display your ads, it is vital to know the LED video wall price first to avoid possible disappointments. But before diving deeper into prices and all the factors involved in it, begin with the basics.
Defining A LED Video Wall
The first step in exploring LED walls and the prices you have to take into account. The starting point in this exploration is answering the question, what is LED video wall and what does it offer?
An LED wall is defined as a large display that is composed of multiple LED panels. These screens show visual content in the form of texts, videos, and images. The LED modules are grouped and tiled together to create a massive screen to display the content in a grandeur manner. These screens cover the walls of rooms and buildings like they are walls themselves. Expect a higher LED video wall price when the coverage is bigger.
How do LED video walls operate?
Like all other LED displays, LED walls use a powerful technology that converts electrical current to visible light in the form of illumination. This illumination has different levels, along with the colors red, blue, and green, making it possible to produce many colors and create vibrant images. Various LED technologies are used in the screens, one more advanced than the other. Higher techs can mean a higher LED video wall price.
Since LED panels have a modular design with no bezels, they can easily be tiled and used together to create a display in a variety of sizes and shapes. This flexibility is the reason why the sky’s the limit when it comes to the size and shape of LED walls. Here are some of the basic sizes you can consider:
- 108 inches display – Ideal for conference rooms, museums, and showrooms
- 135 inches display – The smallest and most popular size for a large LED display
- 163 inches display – The largest and most popular size for a large LED display
- 216 inches display – Ideal for public spaces and concert halls
LED Video Wall Vs. Other Large Displays
LED video walls are often compared to other types of signage, including billboards and traditional signs. The most obvious difference is that LED walls are more advanced than the others. It’s the reason why the LED video wall price is higher than standard billboards and signages. Here are other clear differences.
|Aspects For Comparison||LED Walls||Billboards/Traditional Signage|
|Content||Flexible (can be changed)||Fixed|
|Viewing Experience||More interactive||Static|
|Audience Impression||Eye-catchy & lasting||Boring|
|Software Flexibility||Settings like time & day can be adjusted||Not applicable|
|Message Delivery||Effective & captivating||Outdated but does the job|
Another factor that will determine if there’s value in the LED wall display price is the benefits you can enjoy from the screen. Some of these advantages to look forward to are the following:
- The seamless and smooth viewing experience
- Shows high-quality and vibrant images unaffected by lighting conditions
- Durable, dust-proof, and resistant to moisture compatible for outdoor operation
- Modular design that leads to easier & faster installation
- Easy front-side maintenance with hot swapping
- Intuitive operation
- Wireless content sharing
- Unique additional features
One of the most important considerations for the LED video wall price is the application of the display. LED video walls have a more massive installation and application because of their limitless potential. Here are some of the popular applications.
- Amusement parks
- Advertising and commercial indoor and outdoor applications
- Art displays
- Auditoriums and museums
- Churches and houses of worship
- Cinemas and theaters
- Entrance halls
- Schools and universities
- Shows and event centers
LED Video Wall Price Range
Diving into the LED video wall price, there are numbers that you would need to know about. First, you have to decide whether to buy the LED screens or rent them from a supplier. There is a separate LED video wall rental price you would pay compared to when you purchase several panels. In general, you will need to put out at least $50 to as much as $350,000 for an LED wall project. With this range, it would really depend on many factors where you fall on it.
To give you an idea of the prices you will encounter with LED video walls, here are some of the most common sizes:
|LED Video Wall Sizes||Estimated Prices|
|120 to 165 inches||$45,000 to $120,000|
|Low quality 165 inches||At least $25,000|
|High-end 165 inches||$80,000 to $120,000|
The LED video wall price on this table is only a rough estimate of what you might pay for the project. There are so many factors that will affect the prices that you need to delve into them deeper to get the best value in the market.
Factors Influencing The LED Video Wall Price
To have a more accurate LED video wall price for your needs, you have to consider the factors that can affect the costs of these panels. These factors can either decrease or increase the price you have to pay for the project, so be meticulous when dealing with them. Here are some of the factors to look into.
Purchase Or Rental
Choosing between a purchase or rental will hugely affect the LED video wall price you will pay. You can expect a lower quotation if you’re just planning on renting the LED wall but if you want to actually invest in one, this requires a higher cost since they can be expensive.
If you just need it for a short period of time, a rental is the better option. But if you want to invest in one and actually have someone rent it too, buying your own LED wall is a good move.
LED Video Wall Specifications
There are many LED displays offered in the market with their own specifications, which can affect the LED video wall price. It can be a make or break for your project. Here are some of the aspects under the LED display specifications.
- Pixel Pitch – This dictates how clear the images are on the screen. A smaller pixel pitch means clearer images and more expensive pricing.
- Display Size – LED walls have limitless potential in terms of sizes and shapes. The bigger the led wall is, the more panels are needed to create the display and so the higher the LED video wall price is.
- Display Design – This refers to the structural design of the LED panels, from flat to curved, as well as transparent. A standard flat display usually has a cheaper LED video wall price compared to curved and transparent ones.
Another fact that can influence the price of LED walls is the operating controls used on them. Here are some of the operating methods you can use for LED walls:
- Video card
- PC software controller – uses multiple output cards and delivers excellent full-pixel resolution
- Hardware controller – reliable and good performance but limited pixel resolution and input sources
Types Of Application
The LED video wall price can also be influenced by the type of applications they are involved in. The two basic types are indoor and outdoor. Both of these types of applications have their specific requirements:
- Indoor application – lower pixel pitch and can be less durable compared to outdoor LED screens
- Outdoor application – higher pixel pitch, higher brightness, and more durable and weatherproof screens
The installation requirements will also be considered for the pricing of the LED walls. They can be set in different configurations and the most basic ones include:
The added cost will be in the form of installation parts like mounting racks and stands. You will also need to spend more if you will get a technician to install the LED video walls for you.
Other Miscellaneous Factors
Lastly, here are some more factors that might play a role in the LED video wall price. Explore these factors more thoroughly.
- Customized technology added
- Hired staff for operation
- Space needed to be covered by panels
- Images displayed all at once
- Viewing angle of the audience
- Added protection to the LED screens
When you look into all of the factors that can affect what you need to pay for, you have to make a decision in every step to come up with a more accurate or at least close enough to the real price you’d have to pay for. More than just a more accurate
When looking into the possible LED video wall price you have to deal with means that you have to consider all the factors that can increase or decrease its value. From the technical specifications of the LED panels used to the additional services needed to install, operate, and maintain the LED video wall. Once you get a close estimate, match it with your running budget to avoid further problems in the project.